Saturday 9 January 2021

To Arms

 To arms! The project is good and well underway now. I have finished painting another unit. Naturally I had to take a picture with them dubbed "To Arms".




This unit has quickly become one of my favorite units I've ever made. The miniatures all stand in very interesting poses and really invite a closer look. Besides that the colours are great. I like it so much that I have decided to make this scheme the main one for my army. Naturally I will ad all kinds of other troops and randomly painted cool miniatures but I would like to have 2 armies with a distinct style and scheme to represent 2 warring factions. 

For these guys I got the idea from the movie Robin Hood. In the Chalus Battle Scene at the start of the film you can see this banner atop a tower: 



I fell in love with it and had to build forces around it. So I am. Not perse as Chalus forces but just because I like the banner. 

Here is the first unit.




I hope you like them!










3 comments:

  1. They look fabulous. Would like to see them arrayed against a bunch of adversaries - the red and white scheme you have works really well too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like you read my mind. It wont be the miniatures in red I have already finished but some others that will soon enough make their appearance.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete