Tuesday 16 August 2016

Valhalla Awaits

When I started this blog I made mention of the fact that I had then recently gotten myself interested in SAGA. A game that hasn't seen much of my table since then. Until now. I recently felt I should maybe explore my models and add some to it. So I did. But I have not yet posted any of them here so I will do so now as I'm already nearing the finishing of a small warband. I have replaced some models with better looking ones.

I love the dark ages, so many interesting cultures and customs. The Pagans' love for life is one that I always found fascinating and kind of envy.

For this project I am creating several warbands again because I do have a playing partner but not one that collects the game too.

The Idea also was that I would build on and when I would feel like playing I could grab models off the shelves that could either serve as Vikings, Anglo-Danes, Anglo-Saxon or maybe even Joms Vikings. I will create several leaders so one can pick those up and choose them for their warbands leader at least.

In the end most of the warriors wear mail and a round shield. I hope to at some point own enough models to make this possible but I think I am well on my way.

Here is a small overview of what is finished so far.





This is my first leader. I named him Tostig. He is accompanied by a saxon banner bearer but that could always represent something else. The bearer is not stuck to the same base.



 A small unit of Warriors.


 And the second.



More to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the brownclothed warrior on the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, me too Livan. I ordered the four pack he was in just for him. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete