Tuesday 11 June 2019

New Project: Swords, Lances And War Eternal

Hey there everyone, I recently started a new project. I keep looking at David Imrie's (aka Saxon Dog) miniatures and I just love his work, whenever I see it I just want to take cool pictures with them. At some point I had to have some myself for just this goal. It so far is a project just for collecting and setting up cool pictures with. It is also worth noting that my first ever miniatures were the Games Workshop Bretonnians. These miniatures and this time period does feel like Bretonnia plus plus to me. So it is a nice feeling to go back to where it all began.

I have also been listening to a lot of audiobooks about the hundred years war and I find it amazingly interesting. I really fell in love with the grand companies running around France and Italy. There is something about the idea of professional soldiers, the routiers and écorcheurs that really appeals to me.

I finally settled on a nice colourscheme. It's not anything that would have existed in the 14th century though. I am truly too affraid to commit to banners and colours that have excisted for real, for fear of having too many details wrong. It's one of those things where even if it doesn't matter too much I would know and be bothered by it. It is also just a lot of fun to invent banners myself.


Onto the miniatures. These are so great and full of detail. I can stare at these for hours on end.

I went with 20mm square bases. I intend to build some movement tray thingy for them at some point.
That way I could always join the big boys if, say I got invited to come play a game. :V







No comments:

Post a Comment