Wednesday 15 April 2015

Men from Mars

Hello everyone,

With a new blog go new models. Games Workshop just released the wonderful Skitarii range. The men from Mars. Or post-humans as Games Workshop likes to refer to them. I immediately got some great ideas. Ever since the rules allow to combine armies so that they can form awesome and unique combinations I have been playing with the idea of finally getting detachments of all the things that I find very attractive models and just give them a bit of body so they can be fielded next to another of such detachments to form one great looking army.

I must say I am generally a very friendly player, I rather field an army that I think looks good or has fun units in it than it being really strong and able to table my opponent in three turns. This does mean however that I lose most of my games. I don't really care so much about that as long as I get to kill at least something. If something weird happens during the game no matter if it is my own units blowing up I am generally already very pleased about the game because it will make for a nice little story. It's more about having fun than anything else really.

With that said I noticed how strong the Skitarii were and that usually turns it off for me a bit. But I love the 40k universe and the imperium most of all so I decided I would allow myself to have some stronger things for once. After all it would only be a detachment and so it would probably give my normal forces a bit of a back up.

One of the ideas I've been playing with are the vostroyans and I know pretty much nothing about Astra Militarum.
















So I mainly just stuffed together what I like in one army and I choose one unit that I think will make a nice transition with the Adeptus Mechanicum. So the Skitarii actually came at the right time to combine the two. But before I get ahead of myself I first want to finish some Skitarii. I already built the first five rangers and am about to start painting them.

I hope you like them and as always will tell me what you think.

















3 comments:

  1. Nice looking minis and thanks for the introduction. Those little antennae on their backpacks look like rests for their huge muskets. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the large guns. they seem powerful and I bet they are!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete